How to Stop Being Jealous
Build your self-confidence. Jealousy is usually a result of insecurity and low self-esteem. Your jealousy may be the result of your fear of being abandoned or rejected by someone close to you. Or, you could be constantly striving for just one obsession or passion, so that when it doesn’t go your way, the unwanted outcome really shakes your confidence.
- The best thing you should do is to build self esteem.
- If you are a self confident person, being abandoned or ridiculed won’t break them..
- Believe that you are good enough. Even if something have gone wrong, look at it as a chance to learn something new. That’s what confident people do best.
- Instead of worrying about your shortcomings, think about the positive qualities, skills and character traits that you have. It all makes you unique.
- For example, if a friend is going to spend time with someone else, recommend a good movie or restaurant.
- If someone you like and is possessive about is talking to someone else, join the conversation in a friendly way.
- When someone else gets the job or the position that you want, be nice, congratulate the person and offer to help them be successful.
- For example, your boyfriend or girlfriend may call their ex to express condolences when something bad happens, like the person’s mother dies. Don’t be upset about it. Understand that the person is just being considerate and is not trying to start his or her old relationship with ex again.